The most important question all dental patients ask themselves is “Am I a good candidate for dental implants?”, “What is involved in dental implants process?” and “How much is it going to cost me?” DentalimplantsFriends.com and Bucharest British Dental Place, dental clinic from Romania, aim to bring you the best and accurate knowledge about the implants so you can be well-informed BEFORE you even set your foot in the dentist’s office.
The ABCs of dental implants:
When can I get dental implants?
According to dental professionals from Bucharest British Dental Place, what matters the most in dental implantology is bone volume/density and soft tissue level (gums level). In order for an implant to be placed successfully and to last you a long time, a patient needs at least 3-4 mm of fixed gum and a bone volume of at least 7 mm wide by 10 mm height. Both factors can only be assessed clinically and on a CBCT (3D) scan
What is the dental implant process?
Implants are done over two stages. The first stage is the surgical stage when the implant and temporary crown/bridge is placed and the second stage, the prosthetic stage, is when the healing cap, abutment and permanent crown/bridge are placed. Usually 2-6 months are required between those two stages to allow for healing/bone integration.
What questions should I ask the dentist?
Asking appropriate questions is the right way to gain best knowledge about the treatment you are going to receive. Do not hesitate and ask the clinic as many questions as you can think of. Dentalimplantsfriends.com and Bucharest British Dental Place suggest starting from these questions:
- What kind of tooth implant is being used? The dental implant market varies a lot in terms of implant quality, options and price. At Bucharest British Dental Place dentists use Bredent and Straumann tooth implants, both having very good and long standing reputations. Read more about Bredent implants.
- Is the implant system available in the UK in case I need future service or maintenance? Bredent and Straumann implants are available and known in the UK.
- Will the implant parts be available in the future? Since Bredent and Straumann have been market leaders for the last 30 years, dentists at Bucharest British Dental Place are confident they will readily available in the future.
- Who is the surgeon which is placing the implant and what is their experience? Implant surgeons from Bucharest British Dental Place are in the top 5 in the country, not every clinic can boast the same:
Dr. Cosmin Teasdale – Trusted Surgeon with 10+ years of experience in the UK. He holds a Certificate in Endodontics from the University of Chester. Dr. Teasdale is also a member of the British Society of Endodontics and of the Academy of Microscopic Enhanced Dentistry.
Dr. Daniel Acatrinei – Trusted Surgeon with 14+ years of experience. He is an expert on dental implants, oral surgery and aesthetic/restorative dentistry.
4. What are the technical details of dental implants and crowns?
- What kind of technology and technique is used? The dentists at Bucharest British Dental Place are using a surgical microscope for maximum precision during dental crown preparation. The clinic’s dental experts can make in-house crowns or bridges using digital impressions and a computerized 3D printer. The dentists aim at doing 3D printed restorations whenever possible.
- What dental lab does the clinic work with? Skills and fees of dental lab technician may vary greatly. However, Bucharest British Dental Place chooses to work with the best, most reliable dental technicians in the country.
For more on dental implants visit our NEWS section, study the dental implants GUIDE and browse Dental Implants KnowledgeBase. If you wish to contact us with a question, drop us a line on Facebook or fill in dentalimplantsfriends patient form specifying your dental needs.